Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I love mac n' cheese

And so should you. At my last company, someone was selected each week to pick the "Snack of the Week." I thought I had the best pick with Milanos (my favorite cookie of all time). But Bairam outdid everyone and got Easy Mac, which may be G-d's gift to the world. It did not go over so well with the healthy folks in the office, but was a huge hit with the fat kids.

I recently had the best mac n' cheese at Relish in the 'burg... it was actually called "macaroni and many cheeses" and it had that delicious crispy layer of baked cheese goodness on the top. It was truly amazing and makes Relish going back to... if not just for this special dish.

I still have not had the infamous $55 plate of mac n' cheese from The Waverly Inn, but I am not the biggest fan of truffles... or spending $55 for some noodles with cheese (blasphemous comment).

But I have been hearing more and more about NY's so called best mac n' cheese... and the culprit is S'MAC (stands for Sarita's Macaroni and Cheese). Do they call it S'MAC because it's just as addictive as the real smack? Probably, just with different side effects i.e. double chins, lard ass, jelly rolls, etc. Everyone that has been here says it's so damn good. What amazes me is the simplicity of it all. It's really one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" type deals. It makes so much sense, I feel dumber by not having thought of it on my own. They have 10 varieties and they each come in 3 different sizes: Nosh, Major Munch and Mongo. The best looking one (just from the descriptions) looks like the Gruyere - " A Swiss Mac that keeps you coming back for more. Gruyere coupled with its partner in crime, slab bacon. Hard to resist!" I think I am going to have to investigate this situation further tomorrow. Oh looky here... looks like S'MAC turns 1-year old tomorrow and is practically giving away their delicacies for $1! I'm there...

No comments: