Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mike, what the hell are you up to?

So... news just broke that my bad ass billionaire mayor just left the GOP, and it might just be the smartest move he has ever made. Obviously what follows an announcement like this is speculation he's running for Pres in '08. I hope he isn't. As much as I like Bloomberg, I would not give him my vote right now. The fact he has tons of loot puts him at an advantage vs. the other candidates... he can technically hold off until next year to announce his candidacy. That's just a technicality though... the biggest problem with that is the momentum of being able to draw the popular vote. Without any campaigning, jumping into the race months/years after the other candidates would seemingly put him at a huge disadvantage. Maybe I'm wrong. But probably not.

No comments: