Sunday, July 22, 2007

Good Eats







We don't have cable yet at my new apartment, but we do get about 20 random channels. Somehow, we are fortunate enough to be able to get Food Network. My favorite show is definitely "Good Eats" with my main man Alton Brown.

It's described on his website as " Pop culture, comedy, and plain good eating: Host Alton Brown explores the origins of ingredients, decodes culinary customs and presents food and equipment trends. Punctuated by unusual interludes, simple preparations and unconventional discussions, he'll bring you food in its finest and funniest form."

In my newly found world of bachelorhood, one of my biggest initiatives is going to be to learn how to cook. I can make a lot of really basic stuff now, but even that basic stuff isn't that good. Watching this show is definitely a good starting point for me to become a master chef.

No comments: